Monday, July 27, 2009

Grafton - 19th July 2009 (10:40am)

Dear Mum,

You're all about the "experience," so here are my experiences thus far:

=> Strathfield station at 6:30am is cold
=> Fruit and muesli is a healthy breakfast
=> Toilets on CountryLink trains are the main cause of motion sickness.

No joke. Three hours into our journey I took a trip to the loo. I needed to movie my legs and though, 'why not?' The brochure at our seats informs me that:

Our trains can travel up to 120km/h and you may experience sideways movement on curves. This is quite normal, but, when walking through the train, please make use of the handrails in passageways where provided.

It's a good (read: EXCELLENT) idea to visit the ladies' (actually, they're unisex...) when the train is on a straight. Good luck though, there are a lot of turns.

So now my head feels a little woozy, on top of everything else (not the least of which is the inadequate armrests). I retain my good mood, however the shiny new toy feeling has definitely worn off. We're just past Dungog, for the betting folks.

The scenery is still gorgeous. Lots of greens and browns and occasionally water. I haven't taken any photos because i was eating and then doing puzzles in the newspaper. Samurai Sudoku is a bit of a challenge (that's me, refraining from speaking to soon and saying it's easy).

Toorah!
Sara

P.S. I brought my house keys with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment